Rover’s Chicken and Veggies Instant Pot Dog Food
There are many reasons that making homemade food for your dog is a bright idea—from the undeniable health benefits to the amount of money it can save you. Bust out that Instant Pot you got for the holidays because here’s a quick & easy recipe for healthy dog food from Heather Logue at Rover that couldn’t be easier!
The mix of ingredients in this recipe provides plenty of healthy protein, fiber, and vitamins, and is intended as a delicious, wholesome supplement to your dog’s regular diet, rather than a complete meal replacement. It’s important to make sure your dog gets all their needed nutrients- please consult with your vet before putting your pet on an entirely homemade diet.
- Chicken breast (2 breast)
- Carrots (2 stalks)
- Green beans (1 cup)
- Sweet potatoes (1 med)
- Brown Rice (1 cup)
- Blueberry (1 cup)
- Peas (1/2 cup)
- Parsley for garnish
- Water (2 cups)
- Add 1 cup of brown rice
- Add 2 chicken breast on top of rice
- Add the rest of the ingredients (chopped carrots, green beans, sweet potatoes, along with peas and berries)
- Add water
- Close InstantPot and set to Manual high pressure for 25 min (If using frozen ingredients, add a few more min), then Natural release 10 min
- Plate, Garnish with parsley (optional) and serve!
Sign up for our newsletter to receive move great recipes like this delivered right into your email box every month. Do you have a recipe you think we should try? Let us know and we’ll share the best ones!